the PreTeen Lock-in is here
The Champaign Church of Christ is excited to be hosting the lock in this year for the Southern midwest churches. We will host this event in our church building:
Start at noon Saturday, April 29th and go until after services (about noonish) on Sunday April 30th.
24 hours of fun, spiritual growth and bonding with other preteens
Our theme is “Spirit Wars: The Force Awakens”. We will be talking about the spiritual battles we all face and the power of God that helps us win them.
To accomplish this goal, our schedule will start with
- bounce house fun and hanging out as we wait until all arrive and get settled in.
- Then we will move to an opening devotional with a very special guest speaker.
- At mid-afternoon, we will all board chartered busses and go to a local bowling alley that also has indoor miniature golf for 2 hours of fun & games.
- Upon returning we will have dinner together and then settle in for another time of worship and devotion.
- After this, we plan to have a giant “nerf gun” war to symbolize our spiritual battle and … well … to just have some silly fun as we battle throughout our three story church building.
- There will also be plenty of time for our kids to just be together and hang with each other watching movies and playing games.
- Sunday will start with breakfast, a morning devotional and end with a special service involving some of the preteens.
The cost for this years event is $65 per child. This will cover all admission fees, food & drinks, a Tee-shirt and we will provide the nerf gun for the great nerf war. While all admission costs, food and drinks will be provided, if your child would like to bring some extra money to spend at the bowling alley they are free to do so.
Click HERE to register
What do our Preteens need to bring?
- Bibles & notebooks
- Sleeping bag & pillow
- Toiletries (while there won’t be any shower facilities, we will make sure everyone brushes their teeth).
- Any medications they need (we will have a nurse on duty at all times to administer medications etc. We will be sending out an email to gather information about any allergies or special concerns we need to aware of etc.)
- A change of clothes for Sunday
More detailed information will be coming later to all those who register. If you have any questions, please contact me at <email@example.com>.